- Family : EBENACEAE
- Family (As per The Plant List) : Ebenaceae
- Species : Diospyros cordifolia
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Diospyros montana Roxb.
- Common name : Mountain Persimmon
- Vernacular name : Tinduka (San.); Balagunike (Kan.)
- Key identification features : A medium size deciduous tree with slim, straight trunk and narrow open crown. Leaves are simple, elliptic and leathery. Young leaves are covered with dense velvety growth of hairs. Flowers are small, unisexual; males in groups of four or five in leaf axils whereas females are solitary. Fruit is globose (2.5 cm. dia.) with persistent calyx. Bark ashy-grey or greenish, exfoliating in small scales.
- Habit : Tree
- Native : India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Australia
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Bagalkot, Bangalore, Belgaum, Bellary, Bidar, Bijapur, Chamrajnagar, Chikamagalur, Chikkaballapur, Chitradurga, Dakshina Kannada, Davanagere, Dharwad, Gadag, Gulbarga, Hassan, Haveri, Kodagu, Kolar, Koppal, Mandya, Mysore, Raichur, Ramanagara, Shimoga, Tumkur, Udupi, Uttara Kannada, Yadgir
- Floras referred : Saldanha, 1984; Manjunath et al., 2003 - Davanagere