- Family : FLACOURTIACEAE
- Family (As per The Plant List) : Salicaceae
- Species : Hydnocarpus pentandrus
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Hydnocarpus pentandrus (Buch.-Ham.) Oken
- Vernacular name : Turavaka (San.); Toratti, Chalmogra yenne mara, Mirolhakai (Kan.)
- Endemism : Western Ghats
- Key identification features : Trees, up to 26m tall, girth up to 3m. Leaves simple, alternate, serrate, elliptic-oblong, 8-20 x 4-8 cm, apex acuminate, base slightly oblique, petiole 0.7- 2.2 cm, swollen at both ends, secondary nerves 5-7 pairs. Flowers unisexual, monoecius, male in axillary cymes, female solitary. Fruit woody, spherical, up to 8 cm across, brown powdery tomentose. Can be distinguished by its slightly oblique base and petiole which is swollen at both ends.
- Habit : Tree
- Native : India
- Comments : Common in evergreen, semi-evergreen and occasionally in moist-deciduous forest along streams, Goa to Kanyakumari. Elevation 40- 900 m. EOO/AOO- 41286/15859 sq km.
- Conservation Status : Least Concern (LC)
- Distribution Locality : Chikamagalur, Dakshina Kannada, Davanagere, Udupi, Uttara Kannada
- Floras referred : Keshava Murthy & Yoganarasimhan, 1990 - Coorg; Gopalakrishna Bhat, 2003 - Udupi; Manjunath et al., 2003 - Davanagere