- Family : MORACEAE
- Family (As per The Plant List) : Moraceae
- Species : Ficus elastica
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Ficus elastica Roxb. ex Hornem.
- Common name : Indian Rubber Tree
- Key identification features : A large evergreen tree with large glossy leaves and bright-red leaf sheath. Leaves are oblong-elliptic, shortly acuminate at apex. Figs are very close, axillary with thick midrib, paired, sessile, ovate-oblong, smooth and greenish-yellow when ripe.
- Habit : Tree
- Native : North-east India, Burma, South-east Asia
- Comments : Often cultivated in gardens and planted in parks and roadsides.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Bagalkot, Bangalore, Belgaum, Bellary, Bidar, Bijapur, Chamrajnagar, Chikamagalur, Chikkaballapur, Chitradurga, Dakshina Kannada, Davanagere, Dharwad, Gadag, Gulbarga, Hassan, Haveri, Kodagu, Kolar, Koppal, Mandya, Mysore, Raichur, Ramanagara, Shimoga, Tumkur, Udupi, Uttara Kannada, Yadgir
- Floras referred : Seetharam et al., 2000 - Gulbarga; Gopalakrishna Bhat, 2003 - Udupi; Gopalakrishna Bhat, 2014 - Flora of South Kanara