- Family : MYRTACEAE
- Family (As per The Plant List) : Myrtaceae
- Species : Psidium guajava
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Psidium guajava L.
- Common name : Guava Tree
- Vernacular name : Amarutha, Perukah (San.); Amrud, Safed safri, Lal safri (Hin.); Seebe, Perale (Kan.)
- Collection Nos : KFP 10239, CJS 11698
- Key identification features : A small-sized tree. Bark is light-brown, peeling off in thin large shreds. Leaves are opposite and decussate and elliptic-lanceolate. Flowers are solitary or in pairs at the axils. Petals are white. Stamens are many and exserted. Fruit is an edible berry.
- Habit : Tree
- Native : Tropical America
- Comments : Valued for its edible fruit. Frequently seen in cultivation and also as an escape in the wild.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Cultivated
- Floras referred : Saldanha & Nicolson, 1976 - Hassan; Saldanha, 1996; Gowda, 2004 - Sringeri; Ramaswamy & Razi, 1973 - Bangalore; Seetharam et al., 2000 - Gulbarga; Keshava Murthy & Yoganarasimhan, 1990 - Coorg; Gopalakrishna Bhat, 2003 - Udupi