- Family : POACEAE
- Family (As per The Plant List) : Poaceae
- Species : Aristida setacea
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Aristida setacea Retz.
- Common name : Broom Grass
- Vernacular name : Dodda hanchi hullu, Parke hullu (Kan.)
- Collection Nos : CJS 17950
- Key identification features : A coarse perennial. Culms are stout and erect. Leaves are linear, convolute, sheaths are long. Ligule is a fringe of short hairs. Spikelets are in a panicle, 12-17 mm long. Glumes are linear-lanceolate. Lemma is 3-nerved, awn is smooth.
- Habit : Herb
- Native : India, Sri Lanka, Myanmar
- Comments : This grass grows in open dry places, cultivated fields, water channels and along roadsides. Commonly used for making brooms.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Bagalkot, Bangalore, Belgaum, Bellary, Bidar, Bijapur, Chamrajnagar, Chikamagalur, Chikkaballapur, Chitradurga, Dakshina Kannada, Davanagere, Dharwad, Gadag, Gulbarga, Hassan, Haveri, Kodagu, Kolar, Koppal, Mandya, Mysore, Raichur, Ramanagara, Shimoga, Tumkur, Udupi, Uttara Kannada, Yadgir
- Floras referred : Saldanha & Nicolson, 1976 - Hassan; Ramaswamy & Razi, 1973 - Bangalore; Seetharam et al., 2000 - Gulbarga; Rao & Razi, 1981 - Mysore; Keshava Murthy & Yoganarasimhan, 1990 - Coorg; Gopalakrishna Bhat, 2003 - Udupi; Manjunath et al., 2003 - Davanagere