- Family : APOCYNACEAE
- Family (As per The Plant List) : Apocynaceae
- Species : Catharanthus pusillus
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Catharanthus pusillus (Murray) G.Don
- Common name : Indian Periwinkle
- Vernacular name : Vishakanagile gida (Kan.)
- Collection Nos : CJS 11971
- Key identification features : A small erect annual herb with several spreading branches. Stem is quadrangular with milky latex. Leaves are simple, opposite, lanceolate with a pointed tip. Flowers are small (less than 1 cm.), solitary or in pairs in leaf axils. Free lobes of the corolla are spreading and wheel-shaped. Fruit is a pair of long, slender, cylindrical follicles.
- Habit : Herb
- Native : India.
- Comments : Flowers are fragrant. Highly medicinal. Common in grassland and cultivated fields.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Bagalkot, Bangalore, Belgaum, Bellary, Bidar, Bijapur, Chamrajnagar, Chikamagalur, Chikkaballapur, Chitradurga, Dakshina Kannada, Davanagere, Dharwad, Gadag, Gulbarga, Hassan, Haveri, Kodagu, Kolar, Koppal, Mandya, Mysore, Raichur, Ramanagara, Shimoga, Tumkur, Udupi, Uttara Kannada, Yadgir
- Floras referred : Saldanha & Nicolson, 1976 - Hassan; Ramaswamy & Razi, 1973 - Bangalore; Seetharam et al., 2000 - Gulbarga; Gopalakrishna Bhat, 2003 - Udupi; Manjunath et al., 2003 - Davanagere; Gopalakrishna Bhat, 2014 - Flora of South Kanara